A place to stay for members, academics, teachers and students
The Institute’s hostel is a self-contained, comfortable flat on the corner of Promachou and Parthenonos Streets in the inner Athens suburb of Makriyianni.
Enjoy Parthenon Views
Dedicated Research Library
Spacious Common Areas
- Lounge room
- Archaeological library
- Free wifi for residents
- Free coffee and tea
- Complimentary use of printer and computer
- Study area
- Full size kitchen
- Secure bedrooms
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Washing machine
- Free local telephone calls
Please note that accommodation in the hostel is in demand and limited. If your itinerary changes the institute may not be able to alter your confirmed booking.
Arrangements for the collection of keys can be made with the Hostel Manager. Normally, keys cannot be collected on Sundays or public holidays in Greece.
There is an information booklet in each bedroom of the hostel giving details of the facilities and the surrounding area.
For room reservations please contact Dr. Lita Tzortzopoulou-Gregory in the Athens office:
- Telephone: +30 210 924 3256
- Fax: +30 210 924 1659
- Email: AAIA in Greece (firstname.lastname@example.org)
General enquiries about the hostel can also be made through the AAIA Sydney office by contacting:
- Ms Beatrice McLoughlin
- Telephone: +61 2 9351 7659
- Email: email@example.com
It would help the institute staff to respond quickly if you can include the following information when you call with a query or wish to make a reservation:
- Name of guest and contact details;
- Number of people for whom the booking is being made;
- Dates of stay; type of accommodation requested and academic status if relevant (i.e. twin share or single room, student or non-student).