***Notice – Conference postponed due to Covid-19 pandemic***
Owing to the uncertain circumstances caused by the corona virus and their international impact the Organising Committee has decided to postpone the conference, originally scheduled for November 2020, for 12 months.
The conference will now be held in November 2021.
The precise dates will be announced when they are determined.
The AAIA 40th Anniversary Conference “Mobility and Settlement in the Eastern Mediterranean” will take place at the University of Sydney, Australia from 18-20 November, 2020.
All conference delegates are invited to register via Eventbrite. Confirmed speakers receive free registration, while non-speakers will be asked to pay a nominal registration fee.
International delegates will require a visa to enter Australia. For more information, visit our Registration page.
All conference sessions will be hosted on the University of Sydney’s Camperdown campus.
Delegates in need of accommodation may wish to consider the following:
- For those who wish to be accommodated on campus, we recommend St Pauls College.
- Should you wish to be accommodated close to, but off campus, we recommend Quality Apartments Camperdown, or Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Chippendale.
The conference program will include three keynote lectures from distinquished speakers:
- Christina Ioannou (University of Nicosia), on the Connections between Cyprus and the Near East,
- Antonis Kotsonas (New York University), on Mobility and Interaction in the Northern Aegean,
- Nicholas Stampolidis (University of Crete), on Crete’s External Contacts between 1000 and 600 BC.
The full conference program will be posted on our Program page soon.